Cardfight!! Vanguard Weekly News Bits #132
This Week’s Topics:
- Introducing “Ghostie Leader, Beatrice” from Special Series 9: “Clan Selection Plus Vol. 1”
10th Anniversary & overDress Information!!
- Details about “Vanguard Project 2.0”!
- 10th Anniversary Collaborative Products Confirmed!
3 people will get this Cardfight!! Vanguard 10th Anniversary Goods Set via a Twitter Campaign! (Residents of Japan only)
Episode 17 of Shin’emon reruns this weekend!
V-SS09/066 RRR お化けのだみあん Damian the Ghostie
Grade 1 / Normal Unit / Magallanica – Granblue – Ghost
“It’s dark~. It’s scary~. It’s a ghostie coming out~.”
[AUTO](VC/RC):When placed from hand, search your deck for up to one card with “Ghostie” in its card name, put it into your drop zone, and shuffle your deck.
[AUTO](RC):At the end of the battle it attacked, if you have a vanguard with “Ghostie” in its card name, COST [retire this unit], and if you did not Counter Charge by the ability of “Damian the Ghostie” this turn, Counter Charge (1).
V-SS09/065 RRR お化けのじぇしー Jesse the Ghostie
Grade 2 / Normal Unit / Magallanica – Granblue – Ghost
[ACT](Drop zone):COST [Retire two rear-guards not named “Jesse the Ghostie“], and call this card to (RC). This ability may only be used by a card with the same card name once a turn.
[AUTO](RC):When it attacks, this unit gets [Power]+5000 until end of that battle. At the end of that battle, retire this unit, and if you did not Counter Charge by the ability of “Jesse the Ghostie” this turn, Counter Charge (1).
Ghostie Leader, Beatrice
Grade 3 / Normal Unit / Magallancia – Granblue – Demon
[AUTO](VC/RC):When placed, [COST][Soul-Blast 1], and call a card not named “Ghostie Leader, Beatrice” from your drop zone to (RC).
[CONT](VC):All of your units with “Ghostie” in their card names on your (RC) or (GC) get “Intercept” and [Power]+5000/[Shield]+5000.
[AUTO](VC):When your rear-guard is retired by a card’s ability during your turn, [COST][Counter-Blast 1], and call a card with “Ghostie” in its card name and grade less than the grade of the retired unit from your drop zone to (RC).
10th Anniversary & overDress Information!
- Details about “Vanguard Project 2.0”
- 10th Anniversary Collaboration Product Details!
The First Chunk of Information can be found in our article here, as it reiterates known details
- Diabolos, “Violence” Bruce (Nation: Dark States)
- Chakrabarthi Divine Dragon, Nirvana (Nation: Dragon Empire)
- Apex Creator, Bastion (Nation: Keter Sanctuary)
- Sylvan Horned Beast King, Magnolia (Nation: Stoichea)
- Aurora Battle Princes, Seraph White (Nation: Brandt Gate)
- Trickstar (Available in VG-D-SD01)
- The Unnamed Cover Card for VG-D-BT01
Genesis of the Five Greats goes on sale April 17th, 2021 for Japan
- Keter Sanctuary
- Dragon Empire
- Dark States
- Brandt Gate
The May 22nd Collaboration Product is “Touken Ranbu”, returning for the Vanguard overDress era
It will consist of 1 Trial Deck and 1 Booster Pack
All 92 characters currently available as of December 2020 will be included, up to Samidare Gou!
The July 24th Collaboration Product is “Monster Strike”
It will consist of 2 Trial Decks and 1 Booster Pack
The Sixth Nation is “Lyrical Monasterio”, whose first product appearance will be August 2021 for Japan!
Lyrical Monasterio is a Nation who descends from the society of mermaids that formed the Idol Agency, Bermuda Triangle!
Festival Collection 2021 goes on sale May 15th, 2021 but will be solid early at the Great Vanguard Festival!
Touken Ranbu’s Products go on Sale May 22nd, 2021
Monster Strike’s Products go on sale July 24th, 2021
Lyrical Monasterio’s first products go on sale in August, with a Trial Deck and Booster Pack!
V Collection (Name Pending) goes on sale during the Summer!
Dai Vanga Matsuri (Great Vanguard Festival will be held! Details forthcoming!
32 of your Favorite Fight Scenes will be chosen and shown in clips on Twitter until the airing overDress!
Q&A Regarding the “Ride Deck”
Is the Ride Deck also allowed in V Premium and Premium?
-> No. The Ride Deck is only allowed in Standard format.
Do we use separate for the Main Deck and Ride Deck? Or do we use the ssame sleeves?
-> The Sleeves for the Main Deck and the Ride Deck must be different. There is no issue even if the sleeves are different within the Ride Deck.
For cards that are placed within the Ride Deck, what happens if they have to be placed in other areas?
-> If you have to place it in the Main Deck, said card will be placed back to the Ride Deck instead. For other zones, the cards will be placed in the zone indicated.
Does the number of cards in the Ride Deck count towards the total Deck count?
-> Yes it does. The total number of cards in the Main Deck and the Ride Deck must be 50.
Must the copies of the same card in the Main Deck and the Ride Deck be up to 4
-> Yes, There must only be up to 4 copies of the same card in total. If one copy is placed in the Ride Deck, you’ll be able to put up to 3 copies in the Main Deck.
Can I put only Grade 2 cards in my Ride Deck?
No, you cannot. Please prepare only 1 piece each of Grades 0, 1, 2 and 3 Units.
Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress New Rules
- Use different sleeves for the Main Deck and Ride Deck!
- Quick Shield can no longer be used! The player going second will draw a card by the ability of the starting Vanguard!
- Imaginary Gift can no longer be used! Grade 3 Units will gain a new ability instead of Imaginary Gift!
- Cards with “D” icons can be played in Clan Decks that correspond to their nation!
Next Week’s Special Covers…
- “Beast Deity, Ethics Buster” from “Special Series 10”: “Clan Selection Plus Vol. 2”!
10th Anniversary & overDress Information!
- Fair Information Revealed!
- “Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress” Supply Information Introduced!