[Weekly Bites] GG?
Are you ready for the Groove and some rule explanations (about the Lazy and the Grenache)??!!
From G Clan Booster Vol. 4: Gears of Fate (Release Date: 4th of November) we got:
Chronodragon Gear Groovy
Grade 4 G Unit Gear Chronicle Gear Dragon Dark Zone
[Stride]-Stride Step-[Choose one or more cards with the sum of their grades being 3 or greater from your hand, and discard them] Stride this card on your (VC) from face down.
[ACT](VC)[1/Turn][Generation Break 2]:[Choose a face down card named “Chronodragon Gear Groovy” from your G zone, and turn it face up] If you have a heart card with “Chronojet” in its card name, choose an [AUTO] ability of two <Gear Dragon> face up from your G zone, and this unit gets all of the chosen abilities until end of turn.
[ACT](VC)[1/Turn][Generation Break 3]:[Soul-Blast 1 & Choose a face down card from your G zone, and turn it face up] This unit gets [Power] +5000 until end of turn.
<Gear Dragon> with an AUTO ability:
– Chronodragon Nextage
– Metapulsar, Huanglong
– Interdimensional Dragon, Bind Time Dragon
– Chronodragon Nextage
– Interdimensional Dragon, Mystery Flare Dragon
– Interdimensional Dragon, Epoch Maker Dragon
– Interdimensional Dragon, Ragnaclock Dragon
– Chronodragon Nextage
– Interdimensional Dragon, Chronoscommand Dragon
– Interdimensional Dragon, Lost Age Dragon
– Chronodragon Nextage (did I state this already?)
[Editor’s note: You can basically get 3 Chronodragon Nextage uses. First stride into Nextage normally and use his ability. Then stride into Groovy and use him to copy Nextage, you of course have to flip a Nextage for the cost of Nextage’s ability. After that stride again into Groovy and do the same.]
Now to the rules:
Notes on Witch Doctor of Languor, Negrolazy
At the end of the turn, if it is retired, and called again with Nightrose’s GB2, and then made Hollowed…
– In the case of Negrolazy, when it is called again, if you use its on-call ability, even if it is retired when hollowed, you CANNOT Countercharge and Soulcharge!!
– In the case of Grenache, if it is retired when hollowed, you CAN Countercharge!!
End Phase Procedures
Events in the End Phase occur in the following order.
1. These 3 events occur simultaneously.
– Unlocking a locked unit(s)
– End of Delete condition
– Returning a G-Unit to the G-Zone
2. When AUTO abilities would trigger off “when unlocked”, “when turned face-up”, or “when returned to the G-Zone”, you may resolve them in any order.
3. “At the end of turn” and “At the start of the End Phase” AUTO abilities trigger.
4. Resolve all of these AUTO abilities in any order. Once resolved, all abilities gained this turn are lost.
5. If there are any unresolved AUTO abilities, return to step 2. Once all abilities are resolved, move to your opponent’s turn.
Witch Doctor of Languor, Negrolazy
1) Negrolazy is called, and hollowed. Its on-call ability is used. It gains the “When sent to the drop zone while hollowed” ability.
2) According to Step 3 [of End Phase procedures], at the end of the turn, the hollowed Negrolazy’s on-retire ability is triggered.
3) According to Step 4 [of End Phase procedures], Negrolazy is retired. With Nightrose’s GB2 ability, Negrolazy is called again. Because it was sent to the drop zone while hollowed, CC1, SC1.
4) The re-called Negrolazy is hollowed, and its on-call ability is used. It gains the “When sent to the drop zone while hollowed” ability. But, in Step 4, the retiring while hollow has yet to be triggered, so before it can be retired while hollowed, it loses its “when sent to the drop zone while hollowed” ability.
5) Afterwards, returning to Step 2, the game moves to Step 3, so the hollowed Negrolazy is retired. Because it lost its ability, the player cannot Countercharge and Soulcharge.
[Tl;dr: You will not be able to use Negrolazy a second time in a turn this way. But not because Lazy isn’t able to give himself the red text, but because it gains the red text and immidiately loses it because we are still in step 4 of the end phase, so then when it is retired again, you won’t get the SC1/CC1. So you might as well just not Hollow him, when you revive him with Nightrose, and keep him for Negrolily.]
And of course some merchandise which includes sleeves with some interesting names:
Storm of Lament, Wailing Thavas
More G-BT09 Sleeves
Conquering Supreme Dragon, Dragonic Vanquisher “VMAX”
Holy Seraph, Altiel
Great Hero, Rising Supernova
Try3 Fight Prizes
1st Place: Special Protector
Best 3: Special Rubber Mat
Thanks goes to Decchan for translating.